Incorporation of the company AND PROGRESS
Cooperativa de Transportes de Tortosa S.C.C.L. (COTRAT) was founded on 18th November 1963 in a meeting held by the 17 founding members, in which Mr. JOSE MATAMOROS ADELL was appointed as Chairman and Mr. RAMON ALCON TORRADO was appointed as Secretary. The Company was finally incorporated on 6th July 1964 when the Company’s Articles of Association as a Service Cooperative were approved by the Ministry of Employment.
In 1996, under the chairmanship of Mr. ANTONIO MESTRE CASANOVA, COTRAT was awarded the title of ‘Cooperative of the Year’ by the GENERALITAT (Autonomous Government) of Catalonia.
In October 2001, COTRAT achieved the company’s registration in accordance with the UNE-EN-ISO 9002:94 regulation, with certificate number 1881/ER/10/01, for full-load road freight transportation.
The human capital of the cooperative has grown steadily through the years to reach the current total of 110 members, 20 of whom are no longer active in the industry but remain in the cooperative. These members represent the counties along the course of the Ebro River, namely, RIBERA DE L’EBRE, TERRA ALTA, MONTSIÁ and BAIX EBRE, with BAJO ARAGON, BAIX CAMP and the province of CASTELLÓN also having labour representation.